200h Ihana Yoga Teacher Trainings 2019
Intensive Full-time: 7th January 2019 – 1st February 2019
Weekend Part-Time: 16th February 2019 – 24th November 2019
Weekend Part-Time: 1st June 2019 – 24th November 2019
Don’t miss the $500 Early Bird Discount!
January Intake: Pay deposit before 1st December 2018
February Intake: Pay deposit before 31st December
June Intake: Pay deposit before 15th April 2019
If you pay your deposit before the earlybird cut-off you will receive the Early Bird Discount of $500. We have flexible payment plans available; EFT as well as direct debit plan. Ask for the complete info package today: firstname.lastname@example.org
So you love yoga and are thinking about doing your Yoga Teacher Training? But there are so many courses available that it is hard to know which one might be the best fit for you. Want a course that connects you to a like-minded, passionate and supportive community? That has a highly qualified, world class faculty made up of industry leaders with years of experience in the yoga, health, well being & education industries? A training that leaves you feeling confident in your own practice and ready to teach? At Ihana Yoga we know the transformational benefits of yoga and are passionate about everything yoga related. Our ground-breaking, practical and hands-on 200hr Yoga Teacher Training is for those who are passionate about their own practice, but even more than that, yogis who want to teach yoga and share this gift with the world.
The lead trainer Jenni Morrison-Jack and her world-class faculty are industry leaders. Jenni is recognised as the teacher’s teacher and is the yoga industry go to for anything anatomy related. She’s been lecturing at 5 different teacher trainings in Australia and internationally, speaking at yoga conferences, presenting at the international yoga festival and written several yoga and anatomy articles in yoga publications. Jenni has invited the best possible lecturers into Ihana Yoga’s YTT faculty and together they have brainstormed for months to get the most relevant, up-to-date and practical modules together that combine the essence of yoga as presented in the ancient texts of India with the Western evidence based understanding of those traditional practices.
The training faculty includes world-class lecturers, each passionate about their chosen topics. The teacher trainees will learn:
- the latest understanding of the physiology of breathing as well as the most common modifications for group classes from yoga therapist and occupational therapist Margaux Lovett
- about educational philosophy and the theory of teaching from Laura Trimble-Thompson, who holds a Bachelor of Education from Melbourne University
- the secrets of Sanskrit language and yoga philosophy and their relevance to contemporary yoga from Nithya Solomon and Jaymala Sharma, whose cultural heritage is Indian and who have literally lived surrounded by Indian yoga philosophy all their lives
- Sarah Fletcher who has dedicated her entire life to meditation and has decades of experience as a meditation practitioner and facilitator
If you’ve been to a yoga class at Ihana you’ll know that all of our classes are suitable for all levels of fitness, experience and injury. Throughout the course you will learn anatomically correct postures, sequencing and alignments. You will practice teaching regularly with your classmates in a supportive environment so you will have the best opportunity to practice what you’re learning at the time and you will graduate feeling ready to start your career as a yoga teacher. This course will have you feeling confident to teach multi-level classes that cater to all abilities and allow you to attract maximum numbers to all your classes.
Already a yoga teacher? Enquire also our next high-level Post Graduate Yoga Teacher Training.
- Welcome and Intro to Yoga and YTT
- Introduction to Applied Anatomy for Yoga
- Benefits of yoga
- The science of breathing and Pranayama Techniques
- Sun salutations and vinyasa
- Spine, Spinal Bandhas and application to Yoga asana
- Philosophy, sanskrit and chanting
- Applied Yoga Anatomy of the Lower limb and standing poses
- Applied Yoga Anatomy of the Upper limb, arm balances and inversions
- Common modifications in an adult group class
- Sequencing, Energy & the Class
- Pedagogy/Andragogy in the context of yoga
- Yoga, hormones and nervous system
- The use of yoga props, assisting and adjusting
- Meditation techniques and Yoga beyond the YTT
200h Ihana Yoga Teacher Training is registered with the international Yoga Alliance
“I signed up to the course initially to learn more about yoga and it’s history. The biggest challenge for me was having to teach a sequence at each weekend session. However, half way through the course I am finding I can teach, I want to teach, I enjoy tweaking sequences to suit my body, and I can do this because the balance of the lecture content -history, philosophy, applied anatomy, teaching techniques given by experienced yoga teachers is perfect. This has given me the confidence. I am not focusing on any outcomes as I progress through the course, just absorbing as much as I can, and knowing that it is really only the beginning of my journey into knowing more about yoga.”Katherine Kennedy
“I’ve known Jenni since I started practicing Ashtanga yoga back in 2011, previous to that I was doing Iyengar yoga. I found Jenni to be warm, generous and so happy sharing her teaching skills while I learnt the sequence to Ashtanga, Jenni was so patient and helpful and supporting me while learning. I practiced regularly with Jenni and also had one-on-ones with her, and the way she taught me was so effortless and such a natural. This year I decided after over 12 years of being a student of yoga to taking the next step of teacher training with Ihana. I have loved every minute of the training and lectures, I couldn’t imagine learning from anyone more knowledgeable or kind, the teachers and trainers that run the course are full of wisdom and experience in different ways which brings such a variety and deep understanding of what we call yoga. I wanted to go deeper with my practice and I feel this is the beginning of a whole new journey for me and I can with all my heart recommend Jenni and the team at Ihana for their 200-hour teacher training.”Simone